Terms & Conditions
Here at Straps & Bags we are dedicated to your total satisfaction, and that means being totally transparent about how we use data and new technologies. Please select a link below to access all the parts of our terms and conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Delivery • At Straps & Bags we aim to provide the best customer service in the business. We understand that when you buy your gear you want it as soon as possible. And we know you like it exactly as it says on the tin! That's why we do our best to make it quick and hassle-free for you to get your order.
We are one of the few online shops to offer FREE standard next working day delivery to mainland UK postcodes, regardless of how big or small your order is.* We can also offer competitive delivery rates for remote or international addresses too. If you need weekend delivery, drop us an email and we'll do our best to accommodate you for a small charge.
When you just can't wait, why pay more?
*The small print:
Applies to most UK postcode excluding remote postcodes, Northern Ireland & Channel Islands. Contact us for a delivery quote to these addresses.
Next day delivery not guaranteed, depending on courier.
Exceptions may apply for extremely large orders that we cannot deliver with our normal couriers.
Returns • Your satisfaction is guaranteed! At Straps & Bags we want you to be delighted with your purchase. If you're unhappy about the product you have purchased, we have a number of ways to make things right.
Changed your mind? No problem • If your item is undamaged you can return it in original new, unused condition in all its original packaging within 14 days for a full no-quibble refund or within 30 days for an exchange with an item of the same or greater value by paying the difference in price between the two items.
Click here for a return label. Please note you will be responsible for the cost of return postage.
Item damaged in transit? Follow these instructions • Please carefully inspect all items and do not sign for your package unless you are completely satisfied it has arrived in good condition. If you are unable to inspect your package, add a note with your signature to say that the item has not been inspected when you sign for it.
If you can see your item has not arrived in good condition, sign for the goods as "DAMAGED". If you believe your item has been damaged in transit, please contact us within 48 hours to let us know.
Returns Terms & Conditions • Items can be returned in a new condition with all original packaging within 14 days for a full refund.
Items can be returned in a new condition with all original packaging within 30 days for an exchange. The exchange item must be of equal or greater value, and the customer must pay the difference in price.
Items ordered especially at a customer's request may be returned or exchanged only at the discretion of Straps & Bags.
We reserve the right to offer only a partial refund if the goods you are returning have been used, damaged, devalued or used otherwise in accordance to what would be deemed reasonable, normal use.
Please note, unless your item is faulty, you will be liable for any delivery costs associated with your return/exchange. These costs will vary, but typically, the cost of a courier collecting goods from your door to return to us will cost between £10-£20 for most items, providing you are situated in the UK. This may cost significantly more for large orders or for overseas returns.
Warranty • All items purchased from Straps & Bags come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturer defects. Additionally, many manufacturers offer extended warranties with their products. Please read the documentation that comes with your product, as many manufacturers will require you to register your product in order to make warranty claims.
At Straps & Bags and Fly South Ltd we will always respect your privacy. We believe businesses should use your information honestly and only so that we can provide you with a better experience in using our website. We will use your data directly; for example we will retain information about products you have looked at in the past to show you more products we think you'll like. We will also use your data indirectly, such as in judging the performance of our website so that we can improve it for a better experience for all our customers.
1. What type of data do we collect? We collect personal information, such as your name, postal addresses, email address, phone number, purchase history and browsing behaviour. We store this information when you place an order with Straps & Bags or submit your data to us through an online form.
2. Why do we collect your data? We use a system that will allow us to communicate with you in a more personal way. It enables us to make better use of all the data we have about you to ensure that we only send you emails that are completely relevant to you. Rest assured that you can browse and enjoy most of the site without ever having to give us any information that could identify you as a specific person. However some of the more advanced features of the site, such as making purchases, do require more personal information such as your name and contact details.
3. How we use your data. We keep your data on a secure server in order to personalise your shopping experience on the Straps & Bags website. This includes, but is not limited to, offering suggestions based on your browsing and purchasing history and sending you marketing emails. We also use your data to process your orders.
We will never sell or share your personal data with any other party. The only exceptions are third party partners named on this page. These are our trusted partners that allow us to deliver a better shopping experience, and data is only shared with them to enable that.
Our partners are listed below:
Wix.com - This is the platform on which our website is built.
Facebook - We never share your personal information with Facebook, but your information may be used to profile you against your Facebook account. This in turn allows us to serve you with relevant advertising on Facebook based on your browsing and purchase history.
Google - We do not share your personal information with Google, but your information may be used to profile you against your existing Google account. This in turn allows us to serve you with relevant advertising on Google’s sites based on your browsing and purchase history.
Google Customer Reviews - After your purchase at Straps & Bags you may be asked if you want to leave a review with Google Customer Reviews. If you opt in we will share basic order and personal information with Google, solely for the purpose of leaving us a review.
DPD, UPS, DHL & Yodel - To complete your online transactions, we will send the required details to our courier partners. This will include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number and email address.
5. Opting out of marketing. We offer the opportunity to opt out of marketing activities such as our email newsletters, and we will not pass your data on to third-party companies. Look for the ‘unsubscribe' link at the bottom of each email or contact us to opt out of other marketing formats.
6. Commitment to data security. Your data is held in accordance with our data protection registration notification. When you place an order on this website, we consider the information you enter as private. The information is kept on a secure server protected from outside parties.
For your protection, we're also registered under the Data Protection (Charges and Information) Regulations 2018 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner's Office. We will make every effort to comply with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regulations.
We keep all your personally identifiable information secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All email newsletters from Straps & Bags or other trading names of Fly South Ltd offer automated unsubscribe services so you can opt out of further mailings. To opt out of any other form of marketing, please contact us.
7. Leaving this website. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
8. Additions. From time to time these practices may change, usually when we introduce new technology to further enhance your shopping experience or our site performance but any changes will be listed below this 'Additions' section and will only be applied moving forwards.
Shopping cart: When you add multiple items to your cart, a cookie is used to remember all the items that are in your cart. This cookie is stored for a short period of time, in case you want to return to our site later that day to complete your purchase.
Recommendations: A cookie is used to recommend a range of products that might be relevant to your interests based on the content you have viewed on our site.
Customer login: When you log in to our website, we set a cookie that keeps you logged on so you can check out from our website without having to enter your password more than once. This cookie is short-term and will be remembered for around 24 hours.
Payment providers: If you wish to pay using PayPal, cookies are required to retain your order details when you leave the Straps & Bags website to process your payment on PayPal.
Analytics: We use cloud-based services called Google Analytics to provide insight into how customers use our website. For example, we can see what the most visited products are or identify website technical issues. The information includes behavioural data like pages users viewed, buttons/links that users clicked and key actions that users take throughout the online browsing and ordering process. We use this information to improve customer experience, like showing you our most popular gear, improving the speed of the website and providing content you want to read.
Please Note: These cookies store no personal information about you and your personal browsing activity is anonymised so users cannot be monitored individually. Analytics cookies can be stored for up to 30 days, allowing us to see how many users have returned to the site after an initial visit.
We also use Facebook Pixel. This involves a cookie which allows us serve advertising based on your browsing and purchasing behaviour on facebook.com. Your personal data is not shared in any way, and the information is anonymised so we cannot track your individual behaviour.
Bing and Google Shopping Cookies: When you perform a search on Bing and/or Google, you are eligible to see product shopping ads. Should you click a product advert from a search engine, including image search, they will store a cookie on your machine. This helps us understand how many people saw or clicked an advert from Straps & Bags.
2. How do I manage my cookies? We recommend that you allow websites to set cookies. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to navigate the Straps & Bags website if you disallow cookies.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.